USA

I've been working in the US for the past week, but unfortunately for an office closure rather than opening.  There's been a downturn in the company's fortunes and before long I may realise my dream of not working here any more, but we'll see.

First leg was to Boston; BA 777 in premium economy (business class no longer allowed), not impressed but then I do love complaining, apparently.
It was bloody cold in Boston.  Apart from the civil war stuff, there really isn't much to see apart from the 'Cheers' bars, which we visited maybe half-a-dozen times (the original bar shown in the TV show titles, the one with the set from the show, and the replica).  It was just convenient.  I've never watched it so it meant nothing to me!

At the weekend there was several inches of snow, but they're well prepared for it and there was no disruption whatsoever.
We walked up to 9 miles a day, my feet/ankles will never be the same again.  I see what they mean about the complaining...



Visited the USS Constitution, which I now know is more than just a class of ship in Star Trek.  It's way more boring than that.
Next stop was Washington.  There had been a plan for me and another guy to drive a vehicle containing a load of hard drives from Boston to Washington (a trip of about 8 hours), but it wasn't necessary (boo!), so went on a little A319 instead.

The office is actually in McLean, a suburb of Washington.  It's not much more than a couple of malls, some offices and apartment complexes next to the freeway. I came here 7 years ago, and it hasn't changed a bit.

Check out the cool truck with many wheels.  I was with 'normal' people so couldn't take many photos of faded old cars.  We took a trip into DC one evening on the train, it was surprisingly busy even at that time of day.  Much walking again, and much bellyaching from me.


We bought some Trump souvenirs here, including 'Make America Great Again' caps and other junk.  He's good news for tat peddlers, at least.  None of us were brave enough to wear the caps in public though.

On the final day there was just time for a visit to the Smithsonian museum, mostly 'cos I wanted to see Discovery.  I can't get over how impressive it is in person, it actually made me smile - this hurt my face, but did at least give me something new to complain about.


Amish folks check out what is possibly the greatest technological achievement of the 20th century.

Finally, a gallery of food highlights;





Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio