I'm not in love

... it's just a silly phase I'm going through.  

Bought a complete set of new seats for the XJ on Saturday, just £70 and in much better nick than mine.  However, I reckon the seat backs can be swapped so I plan to create a lovely drivers seat by mixing and matching parts.
Old drivers seat; nasty.
Replacement; much better.  The rear seat back is the only original part left now. 
I'm also working on repairing the cup-holder.  Originally this would open with a damped action, but as they get old the springs lose effectiveness until it shoots open with enough force to break the plastic pivot points.  I'm remaking the pivot using Chemical Metal.

In other news, I have sold off my share of the Aprilia moped.  I've lost interest in track days too, so the CBR600 may be for the chop too; will see how I feel once I've endured another couple of months of winter.

I was clearly too active at the weekend and now seem to have the flu.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio