It's (R)over

Unfortunately it's all over for the 75; I drove it through a flood and it ingested a load of water.  It wasn't very deep water, but there's a problem with the intake on these cars - the 'shannon tube' rots away which has the effect of putting the intake right at the bottom of the engine bay:

I didn't know about this until I buggered it up.  There's zero movement in the crank even with the plugs out, I suspect bent rods.  A LOT of water came out when I removed the air intake :(

It wasn't an expensive car and it's always been one-big-bill away from the weighbridge, but it's annoying when I'd put a new MOT on it a couple of days beforehand!  I've donated it to another 75 owner on Autoshite, on the understanding he makes it disappear from my drive.

Now I want a Jaaaaaaaag.  I missed out on a very cheap XJ6 'cos I was too slow (Autoshite again), but today I hoofed the VFR across many counties to look at one that's currently being very poorly advertised  on eBay.  It was worth the trip, it looks flipping SUPER.  We shall see...

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio