He's dead, Jim

I am the proud part-owner of this Aprilia RS50... well, what remains of it.  It appears to have been crashed, then left for dead for 3 years or more so some reassembly will be required.  It's for the OMCC charity mopedathon in October, a 6-hour endurance event which Team Lard is entering.

I've been pretty fed up with other vehicles in the fleet.  Roger the CBR won't stop leaking from the cam cover gasket - I've tried 3 times to seal it now, and each time I end up with a load of hot oil on my boot.  I also tried to fix an oil leak on the Saab, with hilarious* results.  It's leaking at the turbo oil drain, so I replaced the copper washers, started it up, checked for leaks... and it had already dumped about a litre of oil on the pavement and road.  That took almost 3 hours to clean up, and it's still broken.

Finally, the battery failed on the KTM on the same day.  Despite getting a push from 3 people, it couldn't be bump started and I had to push the bloody thing back up the hill to my house.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio