More French Misery

I've had a busy morning removing the cracked exhaust manifold from the Berlingo.  It required a lot of dismantling and although everything came apart OK, that didn't stop me bleating about how difficult it all was and cursing the French for the quality of their engineering.
All of the above (and more) had to come off.  The alternator feels a bit grumbly, as does the belt tensioner - I didn't know this previously and I was HAPPY, now it's going to bug me.  I broke the terminal off the main alternator lead too, but it must have already been very weak - perhaps that's a breakdown avoided?
The offending part.  A new one is about £285, or I can get one from a breaker near Southampton for £20... but I have to remove it myself.

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio