OMG RATLOOK

MX5 has been BASHED.  A Fiesta failed to stop at a crossroads and ran into my rear quarter as I drove past.  A visibly-shaken old boy gets out, apologises and admits he'd not seen me at all...

He offered to go through insurance or pay out of his own pocket, but he couldn't walk without my assistance and it was clear his days of independence were coming to an end... so I told him to forget about it.  Neither of us needs the hassle for the sake of a tatty old car.  It just needs a rear lamp cluster, everything else is just cosmetic - and let's be honest, it was no beauty beforehand.

In other news, the VFR is finally back on the road.  I did a lot of riding last weekend 'cos I'd become shockingly rusty - my line through bends was like a 50 pence piece.  Done a couple of hundred miles now and seem to have gotten the hang of it again.  

3 weeks to Gentlemen's Annual Wales Weekender!  Everybody has fast brand-new bikes, except me :(

Popular posts from this blog

MINI tailgate hinge replacement

BMW E39 diesel pump replacement

Adding bluetooth to a Mini with Harman Kardon audio